By admin on July 23, 2010 |
Category: Blog |
Tags: dopamine, Idea Engineering, ideas, meetings |
Meetings can often be unproductive and unsuccessful in accomplishing goals. Below are some tips from the Idea Engineering team:
- Outline clear, ‘big picture’ objectives.
- Start with a neurobic exercise to increase everyone’s dopamine levels.
- Breakdown the big picture in 15 minute discussion sessions.
- Engage everyone in the meeting by asking them to contribute their own thoughts.
- If you are looking to create solutions and need to brainstorm, then invite people from different departments and positions to the meeting. This creates a more interesting cross-pollination of thoughts, which will lead to more interesting ideas.
- Create an ‘idea wall’, where employees can leave their ideas, should time run out at the meeting.
- Stay on schedule and constantly encourage people to concentrate on solutions rather than the problem.
- Don’t engage in emotional banter, by focusing on ideas and solutions egos are easier to control.